Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Personal Philosophy

I give value first. Evidence of the value I give can be found in things that I do and the examples I set. Whether it is in my personal or professional life.
I help other people. To the ability that I am able, I provide help for other people. I provide help for people the same way others have provided it for me. I can't help everyone, but I help as many as I can.
I strive to be the best at what I love to do. This statement is as much an affirmation as it is a philosophical expression. Striving to be my best means I never quite achieve it, and I am always trying to do better. In essence, it says that so long as I am alive, I will be a student.
I establish long-term relationships with people. This means in every decision that I make, I am thinking long term. When you think long term, it's more likely that you will make better decisions, especially as relates to fairness and ethics.

I have fun and I do that every day. The daily dose of fun is as important a dose as you could ever find, or ever find time to do. By having fun every day, it means you're smiling every day. And if you need a deeper definition of this, it probably means you're not having enough fun. I found out a secret. If you LOVE what you do, all of your days are the same -- they're holidays -- and I wish the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment